Saturday, June 15, 2013

Bambi (1942)

  I thought it was time to bring some wholesomeness to this blog.

Just kidding, I'm up to B in my collection.

Bambi is a fawn born in the forest.  He frolics with his mother on the meadow and plays with his friends Thumper, a rabbit, and Flower, a skunk.  Just past his first winter, he learns what tragedy is when his mother is killed by hunters.  Afterwards, he is raised by the Great Prince, a wise but aloof stag, until his antlers come in and he goes forth to seek a mate.  It's not all dancing on puffy clouds, though, as hunting season comes around again.

Watching this makes me want to go back and re-read the book.  I don't think I have ever noticed that Bambi makes a miraculous recovery after being shot and forced to run from the fire.  In the book it's not as abrupt.

No comments:

Post a Comment