Sunday, November 2, 2014

Darkwing Duck

I know the past couple of weeks have been kind of sparse.  It's one of those times where I've got a TV series from Netflix and one from my personal collection happening concurrently.  Well, technically, I'm borrowing Dexter from Christy.

I just finished season one of Darkwing Duck, so we should be back to normal starting tomorrow.  Remember Darkwing Duck?  Immagine  I used to watch this, TaleSpin, and Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers religiously as a kid.  When I saw that Netflix had it on disc I couldn't resist revisiting.

Superhero Darkwing Duck is St. Canard's premier crime-fighter.  With the help from his ward, Gosalyn, and pilot, Launchpad McQuack, Darkwing battles evil-doers from F.O.W.L.

Honestly, this show is primed for a comeback.  Superheroes are huge right now and Darkwing is a great cartoon.  It needs to be tweaked, of course.  I found it super irritating that the episodes didn't follow any sort of arc and that there were no introductions to supporting characters or villains outside of the pilot.  I'm not sure if that's just how they were aired or put on disc in that order, but I wasn't a fan of that.

The positive thing is that they are a great bunch of characters and villains.  There are so many storylines that could be done with them if someone would take the time to flesh them out.  I heard that Count Duckula might be getting a movie next year, so Disney needs to get on the super-duck train ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment