Monday, November 17, 2014

Dirty Harry (1971)

  The older I get, the more I appreciate this movie.  This is now at least the third time I've seen it and it only gets better with each viewing.  I can't say that about a lot of movies I've seen.

Harry Callahan (Clint Eastwood) is a San Francisco cop.  He's not pretty, he's not nice, but if you need something done, he's your man.  And right now, he's exactly what San Francisco needs, because there's a lunatic with a sniper rifle out there calling himself Scorpio (Andrew Robinson) who is on a killing spree.  Harry and his new partner, Chico (Reni Santoni), must draw out the nut job while avoiding being his next target.

Long before there was hotshot badass cop Riggs from Lethal Weapon, there was Dirty Harry.  This movie gets bonus points for also being probably the most awesome advertisement for .44 Magnum handguns ever.  Seriously, I don't even like guns and I can quote that entire speech right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment