Sunday, May 1, 2016

Rubber (2010)

Rubber-2010-film-poster.jpg  I know I've mentioned this one before but I finally got a chance to sit down and watch it.  It is totally insane, beyond anything I could have imagined.

A lone tire in the desert comes to life and discovers that it has psychic powers.  It rolls around blowing up animals and eventually people, while also stalking a pretty traveler (Roxane Mesquida).

Does that sound crazy to you?  Because it doesn't cover half the insanity in this film.  The premise was enough to intrigue me but I wasn't sure if it would work for the whole film.  How far can you go with a main character who has no means of expressing emotion?  Pretty damn far, as it turns out.  I immediately recommended this to two of my friends and now I'm extending that invitation to all of you with a Netflix account.  It's on Streaming and it's totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment