Sunday, September 30, 2012

The Bounty Hunter (2010)

  Rob and I drove to Delaware for a romantic weekend.  Also, so Rob could visit the home of Dogfish Head Brewery.  Which he assures me is romantic.  I wouldn't know. 

Anyway, after a lovely dinner we went back to our hotel room and settled in for the night.  As you may or may not know, I'm slowly working my way through his server full of movies.  I finished season six of Bones recently and this was next up. 

Ok, I'm just going to say it.  Jennifer Aniston is terrible at being sexy.  She just sucks at it.

Nicole (Aniston) and Milo (Gerard Butler) were married for a hot second before bitterly divorcing.  How bitter was their divorce?  Three years later they're still both butthurt about it.  Nicole is a rising star at a newspaper on the trail of a juicy story when she fails to appear at her court date for an unrelated traffic offense.  Milo is the bounty hunter who is charged with bringing her to jail.  But Nicole is unwilling to give up on this story and drags Milo along with her.

Everything about the two main characters was retarded.  They have no chemistry on screen together and watching them was like nails on a chalkboard.  However.  The supporting cast included Jason Sudeikis as Nicole's semi-stalker co-worker and Christine Baranski as her aging showgirl mother.  Pretty much everyone other than the leads were hilarious. 

I am not a rom-com person so movies like this are not generally fun for me, but I will say that I thought it was pretty funny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment