Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Obligatory Year-End Post (2012)

Well, okay, it's not obligatory but it certainly is ubiquitous.  I scroll through my favorite movie news sites and it seems like everyone and their brother is posting some sort of "Best Movies of the Year" or "Top 10 for 2012".

I can do that.  Hell, according to that little counter on the right, I've watched over 200 movies this year so far.  I can put together a bitchin' list. 

Number 10:  Prometheus -- Yeah, you can sit there and pick it apart but where's the fun in that?  It's like seeing a Monet by microscope.   

Number 9:  Wreck-It Ralph -- Sugar-sweet and visually stunning.

Number 8:  Man with the Iron Fists -- I was totally surprised how much I liked it.  It was cheestastic fun.

Number 7:  Skyfall -- Good story, great interaction with the cast, and a creepy memorable villain. 

Number 6:  The Dark Knight Rises --  Probably should have been higher on my list but that middle part is a real slog of depression to get through.

Number 5:  Looper -- This had a great sci-fi premise and some of the best use of make-up I've seen all year.

Number 4:   Lockout -- I don't care what anyone says. This movie was fun.

Number 3:   Pitch Perfect -- I had no expectations going into this and I loved it. What's a little surprising is how much critics seemed to love it. I really expected this to be one of those movies you're embarassed you admit you like but it got made legit so raise your heads high, aca-bitches! 

Number 2:  The Avengers -- Ok, the only reason this one is second is because I knew I would love it.  I walked into the theater expecting to be wildly entertained and I was.  And that's why..

Number 1:  Cabin in the Woods -- Best film of the year.  I knew nothing about this film except that people were losing their tiny minds over it.  Now, I think I could watch it every day for a year and not get tired of it. 

So there you go. 

In other news, Merry Christmas, everyone!  I just finished opening all my presents and I can say that the Nail Polish Fairy has definitely visited me.  I'm going to need to be irradiated so I can grow more fingers and toes just to put these colors on!

No comments:

Post a Comment