Monday, June 23, 2014

Horrible Bosses (2011)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/92/Horrible_Bosses.jpg  I try not to use this blog to talk about my personal life but I feel like I should let you loyal readers know what's going on, since I seem to be flakier than usual lately.  I recently started college and I have a summer class four days a week now.  This has eaten up more of my time than I would have initially suspected, despite the fact that I no longer have a regular job.  Being unemployed is stressful enough, add school, and the fact that my boyfriend of three years (Rob, you guys know him by his tag here) is moving to Virginia Beach.  So for the last month, I have been helping him pack and try and separate three years worth of stuff into "his" and "mine".  Hopefully, you guys will cut me some slack on there not being as many posts recently.  I will keep you guys updated if anything major comes up, now let's get to the movie.

Three college best friends, Nick (Jason Bateman), Dale (Charlie Day), and Kurt (Jason Sudeikis), get together periodically to talk about how awful their jobs are.  Nick's boss, Dave Harken (Kevin Spacey), is a manipulative psychopath intent on wringing every drop of productivity from Nick and taking all the credit.  Dale works as a dental assistant for Dr. Julia Harris (Jennifer Aniston) and is constantly sexually harassed.  Kurt's beloved boss (Donald Sutherland) died and left his company to his cokehead son, Billy (Colin Farrell), who is systematically running it into the ground.  The three men decide that the world would be better off without their bosses and decide to pull a Strangers on a Train type scheme, where each man will kill one of the other one's bosses, thus giving the one with motive a solid alibi. 

While it does have funny moments, overall I found the film to be very bland.  Your mileage will vary depending on how much you like seeing Jennifer Aniston and Colin Farrell play against type.  For me, it was a solid meh, the type of movie you catch on cable and leave on because the remote is just out of reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment