Saturday, June 28, 2014

The Host (2013)

  Yikes.

I hope you guys know by now how dedicated I am to this blog.  I have my moments now and again but I really try to watch all kinds of movies and provide my honest opinion.  I never walk out of a movie unless it is just beyond garbage.  I will even finish movies when I hate them, in the interests of having a complete idea of what the movie is and give it every chance possible to change my mind.

I didn't do that with this movie.  I made it halfway and had to pull the plug.  It is that bad.

Worse than Twilight.  Yes!  I said it.  I watched all five of those goddamn wastes of film but at least I could watch them all the way through.  This movie sucked ass.

In the future, aliens come to Earth and they take over people's bodies.  Usually, the alien completely supplants its human host but one girl, Melanie (Saorise Ronan), ends up sharing a consciousness with her alien, Wanderer.  Melanie is useful because she can pinpoint a pocket of human resistance which another alien named Seeker (Diane Kruger) wants to know, but Melanie's alien starts to feel sympathy for the captive soul inside her and runs away to reunite Melanie with her family.

Apparently, in the future all cars are made of chrome and there are no ugly people.  Dialogue is stilted and unnatural and love triangles are mandatory.  This is the Stephanie Meyer future.  Suddenly, Skynet doesn't sound too bad, does it?

No comments:

Post a Comment