Saturday, August 26, 2017

I Got Nothing

This is my last weekend before the fall semester starts and I have no time again.  I wish I could say that I spent it watching movies every night so I'd have stuff to post, but I can't.  I have been watching TV instead.

I'm rewatching Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency with the new boyfriend, as he's never seen it.  My cousin Caleb asked if it was a deal-breaker if Tyler didn't like the show.  Fortunately, that's not an issue.  The new season starts in October and I'm very excited about that, though of course I don't know when I'll find time to watch it.

Tyler and I have also finished season one and started season two of Haven, which was a Syfy show that is now on Netflix in its entirety.  I'm enjoying it quite a bit, even though it's based on a Stephen King story.  Since this is the first time I'm mentioning it, I'll give you the basic run-down:  Audrey Parker (Emily Rose) is an FBI agent on the trail of an escaped prisoner.  She tracks him to a small town in Maine but discovers that there is some seriously weird crap going on, which the locals refer to as "the Troubles," and that her own past is wrapped up in the town's biggest mystery.

I have also been attending TV and Chill Fridays with Tyler and our friends, Tom and Hollie.  We've been trying to find a show to go along with season one and now season two of Preacher.  We tried Twin Peaks, Midnight, Texas, and most recently Wynonna Earp.  I was good with Peaks, though it does start out very slowly.  Midnight is new, from the same writer of HBO's True Blood, and seems extremely campy but in a fun way.  Hollie assures us that Earp gets better as it goes along but that was a rough pilot.

On my own, I've been struggling to get through season 3 of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.  It's just not grabbing my attention like it did the first time I watched it.  Meanwhile, I have binged almost all of Breaking Bad season 4.  I know I'm like six years behind on that show but I have to space it out or I will burn out on it.  Oh, and I also watched the Syfy mini-series Tin Man, which was on the server.  It's the loose "reimagining" of The Wizard of Oz with Zooey Deschanel and Neal McDonough.  It's not my favorite adaptation but it's not terrible.  Alan Cumming is seriously underutilized as an actor.

I tried to watch the BBC miniseries of Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy from the 70s but there were too many scenes in Romanian with no subtitle file.  I haven't started The Defenders.  I think that's next after Dirk Gently since I'm pretty sure Tyler would be mad if I watched it without him.

As always, I will try and watch stuff but posts may be thin on the ground until I can get this stupid Bachelor's Degree finished.  I appreciate all of you who take the time to read, especially the few of you who comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment