Saturday, January 13, 2018

Spider-Man 3 (2007)

  This was a really shitty movie and I can't even blame it on Christy.  I did this to myself.  I blame my obsessive need to complete series.  Even if I know it is going to suck, somehow I convince myself that it won't be that bad.

This was THAT bad.

Peter Parker (Tobey Maguire) is really enjoying his life.  His relationship with Mary Jane (Kirsten Dunst) is going great, thanks to some amnesia he has his buddy Harry Osbourne (James Franco) back, and he even received the key to the city from a pretty blonde named Gwen Stacy (Bryce Dallas Howard).  Except nothing is exactly how it seems.  Mary Jane is frustrated about how Peter manages to turn every conversation into his experiences as Spider-Man, the man he thought killed his Uncle Ben in the first movie turned out to be just the partner of the guy who actually did it (Thomas Haden Church) and there's a new photographer named Eddie Brock (Topher Grace) out to make a name for himself by defaming Spider-Man.  Luckily, Peter has a helpful alien symbiote to guide him through this hard emotional time by making him wear black and convincing him he can dance.

Oh my God, this movie was such a travesty.  I didn't like the Sam Raimi Spider-Man trilogy much anyway but this is just a shit sandwich.  Tobey Maguire's emo hair and perpetual whine combine with James Franco's Franco-ness and the waste of a perfectly good villain in Venom in a perfect storm of Awful.  Kirsten Dunst is supposed to be in her early 20s but she looks tired enough to be 45 while Bryce Dallas Howard is trying to be young and perky enough for a whole busload of ingenues.  I can't believe I wasted a spot in my queue for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment