Monday, June 14, 2021

A TV Post

 It's been a minute since I updated which TV shows are worth watching.   

Obviously, I'm watching Loki.  There's only been one episode so far but after WandaVision and The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, I am committed.  Fortunately, this looks to be more of the same Marvel magic that has sustained through the last decade.  The odds are increasingly against them but I for one will keep rooting for them to succeed.  Currently on Disney+.

  Watched the first two episodes of Shadow & Bone, the splashy Netflix adaptation of a YA book series by Leigh Bardugo.  It's a world divided by a giant rift of darkness called the Fold and only the coming of a near mythical Sun Summoner can destroy it.  Wouldn't you know, there's a plucky mapmaker named Alina who's just come into her power.  The story could go either way, depending on how hard they lean in on the YA elements for me, but I am all in on the aesthetic.  The costumes, the sets, the magic.  *chef's kiss*  This might hold me over until The Witcher comes back.

  I did watch six episodes of Bridgerton, sort of the marzipan to S&B's devil's food.  I had read the first book in the series and wasn't impressed, and the show did nothing to improve that opinion.  Too much talking by too many characters that I couldn't care about if you paid me.  But excellent costumes and music choices.  Currently on Netflix.

I'm re-watching season one of Ash vs. Evil Dead and burning it to my hard drive.  

  I got a cancelled-too-soon British series from Netflix called Jekyll.  It stars James Nesbitt as a descendent of the infamous Jekyll, complete with his own Hyde.  Halfway through that and it's fantastic.

Also watching season 2 of Grimm, my cop show but make it monsters.  It was off to a slow start but I'm on episode six now and it's starting to pick back up.  Currently on Amazon Prime.

And, because I found the pandemic to be very stressful, I am watching the fourth cycle of America's Next Top Model as my Smooth Brain, No Thoughts show.  I had already burned through two seasons of Blown Away, two seasons of Glow Up, and what I had left on Repair Shop.  ANTM is streaming all 22 seasons (!) on Hulu.

So that's the state of my TV watching.  Back to regular scheduling on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment