Monday, December 13, 2021

NCIS: Westeros

 Okay, no, but can you imagine a police procedural in Game of Thrones?  Madness.

Anyway, my quest to watch ancient TV continues through season six of the aforementioned, widely considered to be the Last Good Season before the abrupt drop in quality.  I have to say, I found it kind of a slog to get through.  Daenerys (Emilia Clarke) is up and down in Mereen, Tyrion (Peter Dinklage) is offered a new Hand, somebody finally kills Ramsey Bolton (Iwan Rheon), and Arya (Maisie Williams) sheds faces like she's wanted for tax evasion.  A lot of stuff happens but I found it really hard to care about any of it.  This will not stop me from watching the rest of it eventually.  Save your breath warning me off.  I know the last two seasons suck.  I'm going to watch them anyway.  Game of Thrones is streaming on HBO Max.

I have also just finished watching season three of NCIS, a piece of copaganda now running into its 19th year.  I'm just praying the quality goes up at some point in its near two decades worth of episodes.  This season introduces Ziva David (Cote de Pablo), an Israeli operative working as a liaison officer.  She is replacing Kate Todd (Sasha Alexander), a move that might have meant more if anybody had bothered fleshing out either one of their characters beyond "brunette says flirty banter".  Yeesh.  

The only reason I even started watching this show was because my brother thinks Ziva reminds him of me.  Which is not the worst thing I've ever heard.  But it does make me wish her character gets some improvement in the next season.  She's on the show for 194 episodes so maybe?  Somewhere in there?  A third dimension?  NCIS is streaming on Paramount+.

Next up is season three (?) of Supergirl, so don't get your hopes up I'll watch anything more recent than 2017 for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment