Saturday, July 24, 2010

Inception (2010)

I feel like I just ran a marathon. Without a doubt, the movie to beat for the year. Holy shit. Despite the fact that the person next to me kept trying to talk to me, this was the best time I have had in a movie theater since Iron Man 2.

I can't begin to describe the lushness of the cinematography. Every detail was exquisite. It perfectly captured that subtle wrongness that exists within the dreaming mind. Impeccable.

I am a big fan of things that challenge the perception of reality, or even that there is an overarching reality, when it isn't being used as a cop-out, like Repo Men. The multiple layers of the dreams, the symbolism of events (it's raining because somebody didn't go pee before they started dreaming); all that is like Lucy-candy. I instantly fell in love with the idea that dreams are a labyrinthine space with your deepest secrets waiting there like the minotaur to ambush you.

Best. Movie. This year. Hands down.

1 comment:

  1. ....minotaur's....really? HOLY SHIT!!
    /runs for the door

    ReplyDelete