Thursday, January 7, 2010

27 Dresses (2007)



  I decided to rent a movie from iTunes the other day. Mostly just because it's there, but I also wanted to see how a movie would look playing on my computer. So I picked a movie I refused to see in theaters and I didn't want to waste gas going out to rent. I chose 27 Dresses.
Rom-coms aren't really my thing but this was a test case so in case it sucked I could write it off as an experiment. Watching the movie, I was aware of two facts:

1) James Marsden is hotter than the nuclear core at Three Mile Island. I swear, every role he picks I just want to tie him down on a surgical table and do things to him that would make a rational person faint.

Ahem...

2) Romantic comedies are a lot like macaroni and cheese. They're the visual equivalent to comfort food. Let's face it, you don't watch it for the plot. If you can't figure out the end of the movie from watching the trailer, you should probably be living in a greenhouse with all the other plant life. You watch because it's comforting. You know it's not good for you and if you keep at it, you'll end up with an ass the size of Rhode Island, but every once in a while you get a craving too strong to ignore.

For what it is, 27 Dresses is decent. Better than Kraft but probably not a gourmet confection of Gruyere and shaved truffles. I'd say stick with the rental, though, because one serving is just enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment