Thursday, October 21, 2010

Get Him to the Greek (2010)

  As I mentioned, my cousin Christy is visiting.  So last night we went to Rockville, MD for a dinner party with her childhood friend.  I know, a real dinner party!  Like adults!  We brought wine.  I don't normally drink wine ever since I found out I was allergic to it.  Not death allergic, but hives allergic.  Then I read an article specifically about wine allergies.  Turns out you can just take an antihistamine and you'll be fine.  Who knew?

Anyway, after dinner, Christy convinces our hosts to throw in the movie while my back was turned.  Why the underhanded nature, you wonder?  Well, mostly because she's evil but partly because she wanted to see it and knows how much I hate Russell Brand.

It was a terrible movie and, hopefully, it taught her a valuable lesson.  It wasn't that the movie was unfunny (though it was) and it wasn't that it was badly acted (though it was), its greatest flaw was that it was cripplingly boring.  Literally no one in the room was paying attention to what was going on on-screen.  I personally hated every single one-note character equally.  Christy told me that her least favorite was Sean Combs.  At least he had an excuse by not really being an actor.

Also, this needs to be said:  not all movies deserve the Blu-Ray treatment.  I could count every pore on Jonah Hill's face.  Action movies, animated films, and movies with a million special effects?  Yes, yes, yes.  Movies with none of those things do not need to be made into Blu-Rays.

No comments:

Post a Comment