Monday, May 14, 2012

Nothing new

I just felt bad about only getting one post in for you guys.  Rob's family came down for his commencement ceremony and I was busy running around with them for three days.  We went to Mount Vernon and Rockville, and the ceremony at UMUC, and even into DC proper where I had to remind myself that it is illegal to pull a cabbie out through his window and beat him to death with your high heel for driving like a spastic person right in front of you. 

Other than that, everything went great.

Now, rest assured, I did watch movies this weekend.  Unfortunately, they were all movies I have already reviewed.  Neither Rob nor his mother had ever watched Jaws all the way through so I remdied that.  Sadly, it seems that insisting on watching a slow-burning thriller at 1 a.m. after a bottle of wine is not one of my greatest plans ever. 

Sunday, we all went out for lunch and stopped by the theater to see The Avengers.  I pushed for Dark Shadows but nobody else wanted to see it.  It's still good on a second viewing, but the parental units had never seen Thor, so some of the jokes and references were lost on them.  Everybody was kind of burned out after that and we called it a short evening.  At least I did, since I had to be at work this morning. 

We'll try for three posts again this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment