Sunday, October 26, 2014

Fall 2014 TV

I know, this is another of my crap posts about TV because I don't have any movie ones ready.  Still, I try to stay current and I haven't done one on this season's new crop yet.

  The biggest new thing this year is obviously Gotham.  I've watched the first four episodes now and I'm finding it to be shaky at best.  I get what they want to do by making a procedural set around Jim Gordon (Ben Mackenzie) as an honest cop dealing with corruption and weirdos but I feel like they are seriously fucking around with canon timelines and I just don't know how far they'll be able to stretch this premise. 
selfie-quotes  I am much happier with Selfie, a show I initially wrote off as sounding stupid, but was suckered in by Karen Gillan and John Cho as leads.  This modern-day My Fair Lady sees Eliza (Gillan) hiring Henry (Cho) to improve her real-life image, as she has based everything she is around her online persona.  It sounds flimsy but I think there is a lot of room to grow, especially once they start fleshing out some of the side characters.

The award for Most Improved Series is going to Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. for taking the show in a much darker arc.  Honestly, Hydra was the best fucking thing that could have happened to them.  I still think they need to kill Ward (Brett Dalton) off, since there's no reason for him to still be on this show, but I'm sure they'll do something with him.  It makes me excited for Agent Carter, which is coming out as a mid-season show around December or January, I think.

I haven't added a lot to my roster this season.  Frankly, I don't have a lot of time and I end up getting way behind on things and having to catch up all at once.  I set Constantine up to record but I haven't watched it yet.  I wasn't kidding when I said I had 30 episodes each of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report.  Literally every moment I have not being asleep, eating, or doing homework, I have been watching those two shows.  I'm down to three left of each so I can hopefully get back to the final season of Dexter tomorrow and then it's back to business as usual.  Just bear with me until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment