Wednesday, November 11, 2015

No Strings Attached (2011)

Happy Veteran's Day!

No Strings Attached Poster.jpg  I know I missed a post on Monday.  This is what was supposed to go up but I got crazy busy with work and a school project and didn't get done with them until one in the morning, and by then, it was Tuesday.

This was cuter than it really had a right to be.  I was expecting the same stupid, boring romantic comedy (which I don't even remember adding to my queue) as all the others I've avoided over the years, but this was surprisingly entertaining.

Adam (Ashton Kutcher) and Emma (Natalie Portman) have known each other since they were pre-teens at camp, but their lives diverged after college.  Emma went to MIT and became a resident at a teaching hospital while Adam is a production assistant for a TV show, trying to claw his way out of the shadow of his famous father (Kevin Kline).  They meet by chance and decide to start a no-strings relationship but things never go as planned.

The cast is really what sells this movie.  Not just Portman -who can do anything- and Kutcher, but the supporting cast of Lake Bell, Greta Gerwig, Mindy Kaling, Jake Johnson, and Ludacris.  They each brought something special to the proceedings.  It was directed by Ivan Reitman, so there is another mark of quality.  Overall, I was pleasantly surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment