Saturday, June 27, 2020

Rush (2013)

  This pandemic has been hell on my attention span.  I tried to watch Tangerines.  Made it half an hour.  Ditto on The Danish Girl.  Just could not make myself be in the mood to watch either of them.  Thank God Rush exists or I would have nothing to write about today.

The 1976 Formula 1 racing season was marked by one thing:  the rivalry between hotshot playboy James Hunt (Chris Hemsworth) and coldly analytical Nikki Lauda (Daniel Brühl).  The two had hated each other since starting in the Formula 3 leagues and over six years built up an enmity that drove both men to their peak performances.

This movie required the bare minimum from me and that's okay.  I'm a little burned out on every thing that is happening right now, both micro and macro, and it was nice to kind of let go and just think "haha car go fast.  Whee."  It's currently streaming on Amazon Prime.

No comments:

Post a Comment