Sunday, March 21, 2021

My Octopus Teacher (2020)

Nominated for Best Documentary Feature This is a really soothing film to watch.  There's some beautiful underwater photography and a really soft score.  If you needed a movie to zone out to, this is it.

Craig Foster is a nature photographer, video editor, and filmmaker who returned to the coast of South Africa after being burned out on too many projects.  He began exploring the kelp forest in the water near his home and discovered an octopus had made her lair there.  Fascinated by the creature, he began returning every day and documenting her and all the wildlife around her.  

Okay, I'm going to just be straight with you.  This is like Charlotte's Web but underwater.  I need you to know so you don't come back here emotionally wrecked because of a cephalopod and blame me for it.  I didn't make this sad.  Craig Foster did.  Just so you know.  It's currently streaming on Netflix.


No comments:

Post a Comment