Saturday, March 27, 2021

If Anything Happens I Love You (2020)

Nominated for Best Animated Short     Now we move from the Holocaust to school shootings.  Not a great double feature, even if they're short.  For God's sake, take a break between them.  

Yes, I am talking to myself.  No, I did not listen.  

A couple wordlessly struggle with the aftermath of losing their child in a school shooting.

I had originally written a long screed about the necessity of gun control here but upon re-reading it, it just made me so sad I had to delete it.  I've never owned a gun.  I dislike the noise, the smell, the weight, and the touch.  I have used a gun.  I have used a gun against other human beings.  It is a transformative experience and not in a positive way.  If I could snap my fingers and remove every gun on Earth, I would, with zero hesitation.  But I can't.  All I can do is vote for people who share my abhorrence and hope to push through legislation over the protests of a small selfishly-motivated group that cares more about profits than they do about human life.  And be sad every time there is a mass casualty event involving guns.  Which is way too often.  

If Anything Happens I Love You is on Netflix.

No comments:

Post a Comment