Monday, August 23, 2021

Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard (2021)

  I've watched a couple of very thematically heavy films in the last couple of days.  Sue me if I want something fun and stupid as a break.

Michael Bryce (Ryan Reynolds) is not coping well with the loss of his Triple A bodyguarding license.  His therapist recommends a sabbatical free of worry, guns, and blood.  Which would have been great, if Sonia Kincaid (Salma Hayek), wife of assassin Darius Kincaid (Samuel L. Jackson) didn't show up and demand Bryce's help.  Now the three of them are involved in helping Interpol agent Bobby O'Neill (Frank Grillo) stop a psychotic billionaire (Antonio Banderas) from destroying Europe's power grid.

Is this a cinematic masterpiece?  No, of course not.  Is it a fun two hours watching Ryan Reynolds being exasperated by an extremely foul-mouthed Salma Hayek?  YES.  She's so tiny and cute and evil!  Like the meanest Pokémon ever.  Just a bouncy ball filled with razor blades that says "motherfucker" every time it hits something.  

I think it's still playing in theaters but Covid, so that's your call.  It just got released on DVD/Blu-ray/4K whatever, and I'm sure it'll be out on one of the streaming services in a couple of months.

I did it!  I did it!  I successfully planned far enough ahead that I scheduled posts to cover my vacation!  I'm such an adult!


No comments:

Post a Comment