Saturday, July 23, 2022

The Fault in Our Stars (2014)

  I'm assuming this is one of Christy's.  I can't imagine any other way it would have gotten into my queue.

Hazel (Shailene Woodley) is a teenager with cancer, a fact she's used to push everyone away from her in an attempt to minimize the eventual pain of loss.  Then she meets Augustus Waters (Ansel Elgort), a smug teen cancer survivor and amputee.  It is love at first chemo.  (I'm so sorry.)  

Look, if you're super into tragic love stories, this is probably great for you.  I fucking hated every minute I watched.  The whole "cigarette as a metaphor" thing made me want to scream.  It's a deeply teenaged navel-gazing exercise in melodrama.  That is not my thing.  If it's yours, great.  Have at it.  It's currently streaming on Disney+ right now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment