Friday, October 13, 2023

Scream-O-Rama 2023 Day 13: Fantasy Island (2020)

It's Friday the 13th!  You know what that means!  Unrelated movie!    This is our second Blumhouse production starring Lucy Hale.  I don't know that that means anything, but it's an interesting coincidence.  Content warning:  blood, burned bodies

Five strangers win a luxury vacation on an island resort purported to bring the guests' deepest fantasy to life but as the body count starts to rise, they begin to wonder:  whose fantasy are they actually in?

When this came out it was immediately panned by critics.  All I heard was how bad it was.  I never saw the TV show it's based on so I don't have a nostalgic image to disappoint.  I thought it was okay.  Kind of fun.  Not a classic, but fine for an afternoon watch.  Maggie Q is the standout here but nobody is really swinging for the fences.  Maybe Kim Coates.  I could have watched more of him.  Regardless, this isn't terrible for Vacation Horror.  It's currently streaming on Starz, which I get through Amazon Prime.

No comments:

Post a Comment