Thursday, December 9, 2010

Crash (2004)

  This movie sucked and not just because it was Christy's pick for December.  Despite her belief that I disparage the movies she loves simply because I have no soul, I do go in hoping that I will like them.  It's just that I generally don't.  Still, it's good for me to be exposed to something other than violent foreign revenge films.  I guess.

I can't believe this movie won Best Picture over Brokeback Mountain.  That's just fucking wrong.  I don't go in for dramas in most cases but Brokeback was a powerful moving film.  This was just a collection of racist idiots.  I'm not sure what point they were trying to make, other than "everyone is racist and no one in LA can drive".

See, now this video from Avenue Q says pretty much the exact same thing...and it's hilarious.  Call me insensitive, but I prefer to face issues with humor than with joyless depictions of all the horrible shit people do and say to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment