Saturday, February 16, 2013

Adam and Dog (2012)/Head Over Heels (2012)

Nominated for:  Best Animated Short    Thank God for rowthree.com.  They linked to all the Animated Shorts so I can check this category off completely.  Only one more week til the Oscars!  Are you excited yet?

This is a 15-min movie that tells the biblical story of the Fall from Eden from the perspective of Adam's dog.  It's interesting in concept and the animation is very pretty.  I feel like they could have cut it down slightly, though, as I got a little bored about halfway through.  There's no dialogue and barely any music, it's mostly just bird sounds and barking. 

  This short is super-cute.  Walter and Madge have been married a long time but have grown apart, to the point where she lives on the ceiling and he lives on the floor.  But when Walter finds the shoes Madge wore on their wedding day, he decides to try defying their opposite gravities.  Again, there's no dialogue but I found this more entertaining than Adam and Dog.

I take it back.  They don't have The Longest Daycare embedded, just the teaser.  I think I can probably get it on the DVD of the latest Ice Age movie, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment