Monday, June 21, 2010

Movie crap I found that was interesting and a TV update

Again, I only saw one movie this weekend, posted yesterday, because of the truly insane amount of TV I've been trying to watch. I'm three episodes away from the end of House season 5, notable as the season where Kal Penn's character...leaves the show... /looks around for people who haven't seen it yet who could be carrying pitchforks and/or torches with which to chase and ultimately destroy people who ruin twists.

We seem to be safe.

I'm halfway through Lost season 1 and Criminal Minds season 2. Of the two shows, Criminal Minds is something I don't feel terrible about watching piecemeal. I feel like I can throw in a disc, watch a few episodes, then go do something else without causing some sort of terrible rift in the space-time continuum. It is in essence a procedural cop show, a CSI for the brains of serial killers. Every episode follows a certain format and even the early departure of a regular cast member (though not for the same reason Kuttner left), has been done. They took the pretty brunette (Lola Glaudini) and replaced her with a pretty brunette (Paget Brewster). This is not a jibe at its expense; it's a good show. The episode with Anton Yelchin as a nascent psychopath is particularly good.

And not just because it lets me use the word nascent.

Lost is an entirely different story. Holy shit, this show is a trial! I kind of hate all of the characters. Pregnant Girl has just been kidnapped, Hobbit Guy survived a hanging, Spoiled Girl sang some French Bobby Darin, Doctor Martyr is a big martyring martyr, and Lying Girl is a murderer. The only good thing I can see is Oceanic Airlines apparent "no uggos" ticket policy. That island is like a eugenics factory. And yet, I am fascinated by what is going to happen next. This show feels like it is part of a six-year story arc.

Enough with the small screen. On to the movie gossip!

From the internet, I have gleaned the following things:

There are 4 new Wizard of Oz movies coming out over the next couple of years. One is Robert Downey, Jr. in a prequel called Oz, the Great and Powerful, one is a sequel directed by Drew Barrymore called Surrender Dorothy, there's another one being developed by Warner Bros., and an animated one called Dorothy of Oz that will star Rachel from Glee as Dorothy.

Antonio Banderas is getting his own Shrek spin-off movie called Puss in Boots. Salma Hayek plays his purr-amour (kill me). He should just leave his wife and marry Salma. It's what the people want, apparently.

Jonah Hex has completely failed at the box office. Right now it is looking at a $60 million loss. I'm not going to see it. When the Unrated Director's Cut comes out, I'll put it in my Netflix queue.

This post is already longer than usual so I'm just going to end it here.

1 comment:

  1. ROFL! ~ in ref to your unknown but deep seeded NEED to finish Lost...bbwwwahahahaha<---EVIL LAUGH

    ReplyDelete