Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Amazing Screw-On Head (2006)

 This is a fun little 20-minute movie by the guy who drew the Hellboy comics. Paul Giamatti plays the titular character, who is exactly as his name implies. He has a manservant named Mr. Groin (voiced by Patton Oswalt) to help him maintain various mechanical bodies in their fight against Emperor Zombie (David Hyde Pierce) and his nefarious plans to take over Lincoln's America.

I had to watch it twice because I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be as funny as it is. It kind of makes me want to run out and find the comics. But I'm a little swamped with other media right at the moment so I think I'll hold off.

I'm not sure what it would retail for. I wouldn't advocate paying full DVD price ($17-$20) for it, since it is only 20 minutes with no special features to speak of but if you can find it as part of a pack or for a reduced price I'd say go for it.

1 comment:

  1. ...seriously...where do you even HEAR of movies like this???

    ReplyDelete