Sunday, July 3, 2011

August Rush (2007)

  Ugh.  What a sap-fest.

It may not come as a surprise to you, Internet readers, but I didn't like this movie.  My mother recommendeed it to me back in probably 2009 and I just now got around to watching it.  It took me three days to get through the whole thing because it was so saccharine. 

It's Oliver Twist with instruments. 

Freddie Highmore is the hopeful orphan who thinks that if he plays enough music his parents will hear him.  Except they have no idea he's alive (mother was delivered of him after being hit by a car) or even exists (father last saw mother after one-night-stand).  Robin Williams does a decent turn as the Fagin-esque character pushing a gang of runaways into busking, but there's really no reason to watch this film.

In the words of Dorothy Parker:  Tonstant Weader fwowed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment