Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Contagion (2011)

  If you are a germaphobe, stay far away from this movie.  It will skeeve you right out.  Fortunately, I eat food off the floor, so I was okay.  

An executive (Gwyneth Paltrow) comes home from a business trip with a little something extra:  a virus that spreads incredibly quickly.  Soon, people are dropping dead all around the world and doctors from the World Health Organization (Marion Cotillard) and the Center for Disease Control (Lawrence Fishburne) are struggling to get ahead of the curve and find a vaccine. 

Less of a structured narrative, and more of a worst case scenario, this is a pretty decent movie if you're interested in how people would behave in the event of a global pandemic.  It's chock-full of stars from Matt Damon to Kate Winslet and directed by Steven Soderbergh.  This is probably the last good movie he made before he started with crap like Haywire and Magic Mike.  I haven't seen the upcoming Behind the Candelabra but I have high hopes.

This was supposed to have gone up yesterday, but I totally forgot it.  My bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment