Sunday, August 9, 2015

Frankenstein (1931)

I did end up buying the Frankenstein Legacy Collection and it's currently the only DVD that is not packed.  I have no idea if I've mentioned this previously, but I am in the process of moving from my current apartment and have spent what feels like an eternity packing.  The move-out date is only a couple of days away now so I'm down to bare bones in my apartment.  Obviously, this has not left me a great deal of time to see new movies so I appreciate your collective patience.  I have been watching assorted anime series on the server like Magical Girl Squad, which was cute, and Magister Negi Magi, which was not.  I honestly couldn't even get through three episodes of the latter.  Too pervy.  I hope things will be returning to normal here in the next couple of weeks so bear with me.  Originally posted 4/13/13    I had never actually seen the iconic Karloff Frankenstein all the way through.  I had seen countless clips and references but I had never sat down and watched it before.  Even now, after eighty years, this is a great movie.

Dr. Frankenstein (Colin Clive) is a man obsessed.  He has called off his own wedding and holed up in an abandoned watch tower in order to conduct his experiments, with the help only of his hunchbacked assistant, Fritz (Dwight Frye).  His father, the baron, is furious and sends Henry's fiancée and best man out to get him.  They arrive during a terrible storm, just as Henry's greatest experiment is scheduled to be completed:  the reanimation of dead tissue.  The Creature (Boris Karloff) is stitched together from stolen corpses and a abnormal brain.  For all that, he is quite passive until Fritz discovers his irrational fear of fire.  The little hunchback takes every opportunity to harass the Creature, until the inevitable happens.

I already own the Dracula and Wolf Man Legacy collections and it looks like I'll have to add this one to my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment