Saturday, September 10, 2016

Housebound (2014)

Housebound2014horrormovieposter.jpeg  I actually saw this a couple of weeks ago but I wasn't able to get a post written until now.  See, last weekend I was actually in Charleston, South Carolina visiting the one and only Christy so I used the handy-dandy schedule feature of this website to automatically post, since she doesn't have Internet yet.  I only had time to draft three posts before I left, which went out Saturday, Sunday and Monday but lacked my usual savoir faire, I think.

I said all that to tell you that I'm back now and playing catch-up.  I also want to forewarn you about next week.  School is back in session so my free time during the week to watch movies has dropped dramatically.  I will try to do my best but I need that degree, y'all.

Anyway, while you are pining my absence, you should go ahead and check out Housebound.

Kylie (Morgana O'Reilly) is a troubled young woman who is pissed about serving her house arrest in her mother's (Rima Te Wiata) house.  Especially since weird crap starts happening to her and more and more secrets are revealed.  Like that the house may be haunted.

This is a horror comedy from New Zealand but if I had to give it a percentage, I'd say it's 70% horror and 30% comedy.  The funny stuff doesn't really start happening until the last part of the movie.  But it is a very solid horror movie and absolutely worth checking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment