Monday, March 9, 2020

The Neighbor's Window (2019)

  I know, it's a lousy poster but it's the only one I could find that wasn't huge.

This won Best Live Action Short and I really don't get why.  It just didn't appeal to me in any way.

Alli (Maria Dizzia) and Jacob (Greg Keller) are normal, middle-aged adults who care about each other and raise their three children together.  But when they notice their across-the-street neighbors having sex one day, light voyeurism turns into full-fledged envy.

I guess because I just legitimately do not care about what other people do, this made no sense to me.  I found it really creepy, to be honest.  Like, right up there with stalking.  If you buy binoculars to watch your neighbors, you are gross.  Full stop.  Man, woman, I don't care.  Leave people alone and stop projecting your insecurities.  But, of course, that's not the takeaway from this film because **SPOILERS FOLLOW** the hot neighbor tells Alli that she and her husband used to watch them too while he was dying of cancer and it brought them comfort.**END SPOILERS**  Which, blah blah blah, we're all connected, no man is an island, sure.  But also ew.  Close your fucking curtains.

The Neighbor's Window is currently streaming on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment