Wednesday, October 9, 2024

31 Days of 2024 Horror - Day 9 - You'll Never Find Me (2023)

  Oh, Australia, never change!  

A woman (Jordan Cowan) seeks shelter from a storm at a trailer owned by a loner/pariah (Brendan Rock).  As the wind howls outside, a different, quieter storm is gathering inside.  Both of them are lying about who they are.  What they are.  

I loved fully 7/8ths of this movie.  I don't know if I liked the ending.  I have to sit with it a little longer to decide.  There's no gore, very little violence really, just violin-string tension the whole way through.  Everything is carried in the performances and dialogue.  The characters are trapped by the excruciating politeness of social convention more than locks and that is like catnip to me, specifically.  

I don't want to spoil it, even though I wouldn't necessarily call it a twist.  I think it's better to go in knowing less.  It's currently streaming on Shudder.

No comments:

Post a Comment