Content warning: blood, some gore
Millard Findlemeyer (Gary Busey) murdered Sarah's (Robin Sydney) father and brother while robbing a diner, so she testified and sent him to the electric chair but she's never been able to escape the trauma of that day. Her family bakery is under pressure from a greedy developer (Larry Cedar), her mom (Margaret Blye) is drinking too much, and oh yeah, Millard is back in the form of an evil, possessed gingerbread man. What's a girl to do?
This is the epitome of So Bad It's Good. It is a terrible movie that somehow has three sequels. Insane. And yet, somehow, it's fully watchable. The special effects aren't great and the performances scream "student film that Gary Busey wandered into" but it manages to be kind of charming instead of grating. Also, it's not a Christmas horror movie. I think it actually takes place during the summer but it's set in Texas so I can't really tell. I can't explain the alchemy and I don't think I could bring myself to watch the sequels, but all of them are on Tubi if you want to give it a shot. Try not to think at all during the film and it'll go much more smoothly for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment