I started watching The Salamander but it became very apparent that despite being labeled horror, it is a political thriller and does not count. So I will come back to it in November. Content warning: blood
Nia (Hailey Kilgore) has built a successful podcast searching for missing Black and indigenous women. While taking a break from her latest case, a fashion influencer named Tamika Shaw who went missing in Albuquerque, New Mexico, Nia is threatened by a masked man outside her AirBnB, possibly the same man who took Tamika.
This is the second home invasion movie I've seen this week where it wasn't the person's actual home. Weird. Probably says something about the state of the economy that you can't even be menaced in a home you own. Anyway, the script is a little generic and underbaked. The villain is exactly who you think it is. But the horror still works because the world remains unsafe for women.
It's streaming on Tubi.
No comments:
Post a Comment