Saturday, July 10, 2010

Despicable Me (2010)

   I just got back from seeing Despicable Me. I went into the theater depressed. You know, the kind of depression where it feels like the world is crushing you and you have no one to turn to because you've driven them all away and you're going to die alone and in despair?

...

Just me then? Okay, moving on.

So I went in depressed and I came out feeling claustrophobic and slightly homicidal. In other words, completely back to normal!

This was a fun little movie with absolutely zero surprises for anyone over 10. Okay, maybe the Box of Shame. That made me laugh. Again, most of the good gags were shown in the previews but you'll still get a couple of giggles out of them. It's not as good as Pixar, but nothing is so there's no point in comparing them. I didn't see it in 3D, and you all know why, but the end credits were specifically designed to be seen in that fashion. You may want to take that into account before you decide which dimension you'd like to watch it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment