Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Hangover (2009)

Did you ever hear the expression it never rains but it pours?  That's pretty much the tagline for my life.  I will go months without a date, weeks without even making eye contact with a dude, and then BAM!  I'll date like four of them at once.   The last date I had was almost a solid month ago for Machete.  Before that, I think the last one was in June.  Anyway, I'm not here to rant about my sporadic love-life.  There are tons of blogs for that.

I went on a date Tuesday night with a guy I'd been flirting off and on with for a couple of months.  We went out to dinner then he suggested going back to his place to watch a movie.  I know.  That's like the most transparent line ever.  I have personally used it (back in my younger days) to lure the unsuspecting back to my room.  Blade was my background noise of choice. 

But maybe I'm just slutty because he picked the movie and then actually sat through the whole thing without making a single move on me.  As you've no doubt guessed from the title, he picked The Hangover, one of a shortlist of films I hadn't seen. 

I'm not usually into buddy films like Swingers or Old Dogs since they're heavy on male bonding and gross-out humor.  I'm not a male, I don't bond, and I'm not amused by poop.  I had heard the hype about Hangover and I might have gotten around to seeing it on my own eventually but you probably shouldn't have held your breath over it. 

I have to say, it was better than I thought it would be.  I genuinely laughed at several moments in the last half.  Granted, there were a lot of things I could have lived without but I am not in any way the target demographic and I respect that.  I wouldn't put it in the same bachelor-party-gone-wrong category as Very Bad Things but it was still better than I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell.

1 comment:

  1. I hope they serve beer in hell was WAY more entertaining than The Hangover! ....except for when they clocked the baby in the face with the cop door...THAT was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete