Sunday, November 14, 2010

A TV update

I thought I'd take a minute to let you know about some of the fine television shows there are out for your viewing enjoyment.  Well...there's at least one fine television show.  The other one you should probably avoid at all costs.

Let's start there.  I'm on the last disc of the TV show Moonlight, which was mercifully cancelled after just one season.  Yeah, that's the guy from the new Hawaii 5-0 remake.  He sucks (so to speak) marginally less in that show.  I don't know if I've said it before, but I hate self-loathing vampires.  Tell me the point of being immortal and having all kinds of cool-ass powers if you're just going to bitch and moan about how you wish you were human again?  The vampires in this show don't even ash in sunlight!  Sure, it makes them all pinch-faced but still.  That circumvents the major disadvantage of the condition and you're still not happy?  That's just ungrateful.

Update 11/18:  Finished the season.  It did not redeem itself with the last episode.  Sometimes, when a show knows it's going to be cancelled it'll pull out all the stops for an epic finale.  This one went for the fizzle approach instead.  Bleh.

Now A Bit of Fry and Laurie is a TV show.  I watched the first season streamed from Netflix since I still had two discs of the worthless vampire show at home.  I do so love good word-play and this sketch comedy is probably about the most clever writing I've ever come across.  The "Leave it Out" sketch alone is worth the price of admission.

No comments:

Post a Comment