Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Mummy (1999)

  As you may have surmised from the "Personal Collection" tag, this is one of my favorite movies.  Also, if you're a regular reader (and I have no idea if you are or not since no one ever leaves me any comments {except Christy}), you'll note that this means I have made it approximately halfway through my movie collection.  For those just joining, I watch my movies in alphabetical order.  Commence your judging.

I've been down with some sort of pestilence the past week and self-medicating with cherry NyQuil when at home and DayQuil when at work.  I do not respond well to drugs, possibly because I am undead or a robot, and have spent half a fortnight feeling fuzzy but irritable, like a spiky cloud.

It was in this mindset that I watched The Mummy.  I could only stay awake for about 20 minutes at a time, which means it took about 5 days to watch all the way through, but that was okay since I live alone and shun all human contact.

I actually felt quite a bit in common with the eponymous character this time around.  I, too, was greatly in need of fluids, everyone around me referred to me as a walking plague, and it was exceedingly difficult to get laid.  I was not, however, able to turn water into blood, achieve mastery over the sands, or command legions of insects.  I will keep trying.

Except for the bug thing.  I hate bugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment