Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Heaven Knows, Mr. Allison (1957)

  I wanted to make sure this went out today so you guys didn't think I was just re-posting the same old shit because I was lazy.  

Corporal Allison (Robert Mitchum) washes up on a South Pacific island after his unit is bombed by the Japanese.  He finds it uninhabited except by Sister Angela (Deborah Kerr), a nun.  Together, they must try and survive the Japanese occupation until they can be rescued by Allied Forces. 

This movie mostly involved hiding, now that I try to write a description.  They have to hide in a cave for most of the film's run time but it never feels boring.  That's a hard thing to pull off.  It reminded me of The African Queen, also directed by John Huston, except Mitchum's character is much less curmudgeonly than Bogart's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment