Monday, February 22, 2016

Deadpool (2016)

  Oh, you guys knew this was coming.  I had to wait an extra week to see it because my friend wanted to do a group thing.  That pretty much makes me the best friend ever since I wanted to see this the day it came out.

Wade Wilson (Ryan Reynolds) is a mercenary diagnosed with terminal cancer.  He accepts a hail mary offer from a mysterious organization claiming to have a cure but finds himself being tortured by a sadist named Francis (Ed Skrein).  After escaping, Wade takes the name Deadpool and begins hunting for Francis so he can reverse the hideous side effects of his transformation and once again be with the woman he loves (Morena Baccarin).

That description tells you nothing about how fucking hilarious this movie is.  From the opening credits all the way to the post-credit sequence, this was amazing.  I forgive Ryan Reynolds for Buried and Green Lantern now.  (But not Origins:  Wolverine because there is nothing that will make up for that movie's existence.)  There isn't anything else I can say.  Every scene in that movie was pure gold.  GOLD.  I can't wait to own it.

1 comment: