Sunday, February 14, 2010

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009)

Nominated for: Achievement in Cinematography

  I am quite generally a hateful person so it should come as no surprise that I am not a Harry Potter fan. I hated Twilight too, but that's a story for a different post. I do not dress up and go to conventions, I have never read any of the books, nor bought any of their shameless market tie-in games, candy, or other merchandise. This is because I am an adult, not a ten-year-old.

I have, however, seen all of the movies, albeit reluctantly. I didn't like movies 1-4. I thought they were juvenile and FAR too happy and colorful for my taste. The one just before this one sucked a bit less and I was pleased to see this is the trend they are following. There is at least one major death (if you don't know who, you've been living under a freakin' rock) and a couple decent fights.

The cinematography is crap, though. The whole movie looks like it was shot through a lens filled with swamp water. Maybe in the theater events looked clearer, but I have a great LCD TV and it looked murky as shit where I was sitting. If this movie wins this category over Avatar, I will know the JK Rowling mafia got to the Academy.

1 comment:

  1. I happen to know there is physical proof that you have, in fact, dressed up in Pro-Potter digs...and don't you DARE say you were forced to...because we all know that NO ONE forces you...and just because YOU dont like things like TWILIGHT and the HARRY POTTER EMPIRE does not give you the right to call those of us that do juvenille...I FREAKIN LOVE MY BOARD GAME AND BLANKIE! F. U.

    ReplyDelete