Sunday, April 21, 2013

American Pie 2 (2001)

  I don't know why I do this to myself.  I know I don't like this kind of humor.  I didn't like the first movie and this is almost the exact same thing.  Thank God there's no apple pie this time.  So why did I watch it?  Because it's on the shelf, marked with a piece of green tape, indicating that it belongs to Christy.  She actually has the entire series.  I have seen none of them except the original.  Generally, that's enough to get me to at least try but I'm seriously rethinking if that plan is going to work out for me.

The same people from the first movie are back after a year of college.  Jim (Jason Biggs) is still a loser with the ladies and constantly obsesses over his lack of bedroom skills.  Kevin (Thomas Ian Nicholas) and his girlfriend Heather (Mena Suvari) are planning on having a long-distance relationship while Heather summers in Europe.  Oz (Chris Klein) is obsessed with a) having a summer party to rival his older brother's and b) his ex-girlfriend Vicky (Tara Reid).  Finch (Eddie Kaye Thomas) is obsessed with Stifler's mom (Jennifer Coolidge).  Stifler (Seann William Scott) is just an asshole.  When Jim finds out that the exchange student he embarrassed himself over, Nadia (Shannon Elizabeth), is planning to visit him at the end of the summer he tracks down the girl who took his virginity (Alyson Hannigan) so she can help him get better in bed. 

This is one of those movies where, if you didn't identify with the characters the first time around, you will have zero interest in what is happening.  I got so bored I started catching up on Failbook.  Christy asked me why I didn't just turn it off but I try and reserve that kind of protest for movies I genuinely loathe.  With this, I was just apathetic.  If you liked the first one, chances are you've seen the rest of them by now. 

Oh, also, I watched season 2 of American Dad, which was funnier than I thought it was going to be and half of season 1 of Claymore, an anime series that was just godawful.  I bought Django Unchained on Blu-ray this week and watched it with Christy on Thursday of last week.  It's still just as awesome as I remembered.

No comments:

Post a Comment