Sunday, April 7, 2013

Licence to Kill (1989)

  Finally!  The last entry in my Bond films.  (In case you're just joining, I decided to watch all the old Bonds that I had never seen which translates to everything pre-Brosnan.)

People gave Timothy Dalton a lot of crap but I don't think he was the problem here.  He was actually a pretty decent Bond and I'd say that, in his two films, he easily matched the charisma of Roger Moore's six.

In this installment, Bond (Timothy Dalton) is in Florida for the wedding of his old pal Felix Leiter (David Hedison).  But when a drug dealer (Robert Davi) kills the bride and feeds Felix to a shark, Bond goes off the rails.  Denied official coverage from M (Robert Brown), Bond has to rely on Felix's notes to track down an informant named Pam Bouvier (Carey Lowell) in order to exact his revenge.

Blah blah blah, it's a Bond film from the 80's.  You pretty much know what you're getting.  The only reason to watch this movie is this
 IT'S BABY BENICIO DEL TORO!

I was not prepared for that and literally screamed at my TV when I saw it.  He was so young and skinny!  He even had a horrible gold tooth!  It. Was. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment