Monday, May 19, 2014

Chuck Jones' Collection part one

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51T95SKS39L.jpg  I loved this cartoon when I was a kid but it's ridiculously hard to find on DVD.  I had to get the entire Chuck Jones collection, which I'm not mad about, honestly because the other cartoons are just a bonus. 

Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is the story of a mongoose, swept from his nest during a storm, and washed up in the garden of a family in India.  He is rescued by the boy and becomes a loveable pet, protecting the family from Nag, the cobra, and his equally evil mate Nagaina.  
  The White Seal is the story of Kotek, a white seal horrified by the discovery that his people are hunted and killed for their coats.  He sets out on a multi-year journey to find an island safe from the intrusions of Man. 

http://contentcafe2.btol.com/ContentCafe/Jacket.aspx?UserID=wb46190&Password=cc84087&Return=T&Type=M&Value=012236113423  This was the weakest entry in the collection so far. 

Mowgli is adopted by wolves in the jungle after Shere Khan chases away his parents.  The tiger is angry at being denied his meal and uses his patsy, Tabaqui the jackal, to foment dissension amongst the younger wolves.

I was going to put all six short films in one post but I ended up spending the day yesterday with Rob and his parents so I didn't even get to finish watching them.  Rob got a Master's Degree, though, so that was nice.  I'll try to get more posted today to make up for it but I'm studying for my final so no promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment