Sunday, September 28, 2014

Reefer Madness (2005)

  This was so good I had to immediately buy it.  My only issue is that it is only available as DVD and I need this in blu-ray.  I. Need. This.  Someone make it happen.

I've never been into the drug scene, but I'm an adult who attended public school so it's safe to say that I've been exposed to the culture.  As such, this movie is hilarious.

It's 1936, and parents of a small American town have been invited to a special screening of Tell Your Children, introduced by a real government agent (Alan Cumming) about the dangers of marijuana on the unsuspecting youth.  They watch young Jimmy (Christian Campbell) as he falls in with a bad crowd and becomes a dope fiend and sex maniac, jeopardizing his future and his romance with the wholesome Mary Lane (Kristen Bell).

True story:  the musical number with Jesus made me laugh so hard I almost fell out of bed.

Everything in this movie is pure gold.  Do yourself a favor if you're having a rough day and watch this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment