Sunday, September 7, 2014

The Warrior's Way (2010)

  This was one of those visually stunning movies that makes you glad we moved beyond radio.  I got it from Netflix as a DVD but I think blu-ray is the way to go here.  When I buy it, that is definitely what format I would prefer.

Yang (Dong-gun Jang) is the greatest swordsman in the history of ever but he gives everything up rather than kill a baby.  He takes the child to the Wild West and moves into a circus town run by Eight Ball (Tony Cox).  The town is periodically plagued by an outlaw Colonel (Danny Huston), but knife thrower Lynne (Kate Bosworth) is planning to take him out for murdering her family.  Yang doesn't want to be involved but he finds the people start to grow on him, even town drunk Ronald (Geoffrey Rush), so he starts training Lynne, even though he knows this will draw out the assassins after him.

It's cowboys and ninjas.  What's not to like?  And did I mention it was gorgeous?  This flew under the radar for the most part and that is a damn shame because it really is worth watching.

In other news, I'm on season two of Deadwood.  Normally, I would just cherry-pick particular episodes to re-watch since I've seen the first two seasons before but it's been so long I'm having to re-acquaint myself.  I take breaks between discs to watch other things but I'm still fighting the urge to call everybody a cocksucker.

No comments:

Post a Comment