Sunday, July 19, 2015

Raging Phoenix (2009)

  Somebody at work asked me how I even found a lot of the foreign movies I have reviewed on this blog.  Mostly, they found me.  It's like a rabbit hole, I guess.  You look at one and then there's another one behind it and that leads you to a different one.  I never really considered whether or not they would be "obscure" because they all seemed pretty easily available.  If any of you guys have any other questions, hit me up and I will do my best to answer them satisfactorily.

Deu (Jija Yanin) is not having a great day.  Her boyfriend cheats on her, she gets kicked out of her band, and then gets kidnapped off the street by a gang.  She is rescued by a mysterious martial artist named Sanim (Patrick Tang) and his friends, Dog (Sompong Leartvimolkasame) and Pig (Nui Saendaeng).  The three men go around breaking up the gang's organization piece by piece in the hopes of rescuing their loved ones.  Deu wants in but Sanim has serious reservations about whether or not she can be part of a team.

That description makes it sound super serious and parts of it are but the rest of it is kind of hilarious and filled with insane action scenes.  If you liked Chocolate, and wanted to see more from that actress as an adult, you should check this one out.  I take that back.  (The "as an adult" part, not the "you should see this" part.)  Turns out, she was 24 when she played in Chocolate.  That is kind of blowing my mind right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment