Sunday, July 5, 2015

How to Marry a Millionaire (1953)

  If you've been following along at home, you should know that right now I am working my way through the F's in my collection.  So you may be wondering why I have suddenly jumped to H.  Well, kiddies, this is part of the Forever Marilyn collection that I picked up some time last year.  I had already seen Gentlemen Prefer Blondes so I started with the second out of seven.  I was never a huge Monroe fan but these are some absolutely classic movies and I would be remiss if I didn't see them just because she was in them.

Three models rent a cushy Manhattan apartment in order to find millionaire husbands.  Of course, if it were that easy everyone would do it.

These have to be the three worst gold diggers in history.  Now, look, I'm not here to say that marrying for money is despicable or whatever.  People get married for all sorts of reasons.  But, if you're going to marry someone for their fortune, for God's sake, do your research.  Real gold diggers put every moment into scoping out their prey.  It's a full time job.  They don't just half-ass it, or go by appearances only.  These characters wouldn't stand a chance against real money grubbing predators.

Honestly, they were so inept that I felt bad for them.  That threatened to ruin my good time but fortunately, William Powell was there to lend his inestimable charm to the situation.  It is still a cute movie but come on, girls!  Do your homework!

No comments:

Post a Comment